ENGLISH FOR DOGS
In English for Dogs, you will learn how to teach your dog 50 common dog behaviors using positive training methods and verbal commands.
Author Teresa Gary, a member of the APDT (Association of Pet Dog Trainers), has rehabilitated hundreds of dogs and works with pet owners who are having difficulty with their canine companion. Two of the biggest problems she discovered were lack of consistency when working with a dog and failure to master the precise timing needed when using a clicker. She devised her own program using words to identify dog behaviors and to explain to the dog exactly what to expect when being handled. It worked beautifully and her clients loved it! English for Dogs provides these easy, proven methods, along with dog training behaviors that will make your dog an enjoyable canine companion when being groomed, traveling and around the house. Plus the exercises your dog needs to know to qualify for the Canine Good Citizen award are included along with a handy wall chart that makes it easy for everyone
in the household to give consistent commands.
50 WORDS EVERY WELL-MANNERED COMPANION SHOULD KNOW
• Use positive training methods to teach your canine companion common
• Easy to follow instructions.
• Training methods that work successfully and consistently with rescue
• Get your own canine companion ready to qualify for the Canine Good Citizen award.
Trade paperback, 6 x 9, 176 pages, illustrated, references
AUTHOR TERESA GARY
Teresa Gary’s professional career in education spanned thirty-four years, a lifelong commitment to teaching and learning. She now devotes her time to the rescue and rehabilitation of homeless dogs and to assisting adopters with a variety of training issues. A member of the Association of Pet Dog Trainers (APDT), she actively pursues opportunities to expand her repertoire of training strategies.
ENGLISH FOR DOGS CONTENTS
• Chapter One: Basic English Vocabulary
• Chapter Two: Handling and Grooming
• Chapter Three: Housebreaking
• Chapter Four: Meals and Snacks
• Chapter Five: House Manners
• Chapter Six: Walks and Rides
• Chapter Seven: Play Time
• Chapter Eight: Celebrating Success
REVIEWS OF ENGLISH FOR DOGS
“I love the focus of this book! Dog training is all about teaching dogs English as a Second Language – English words for doggy behaviors and actions. Read this book so that you can learn how to communicate WHAT you would like your dog to do, so that you can begin to motivate
him to WANT to do what you want him to do.”
– Dr. Ian Dunbar, founder, Association of Pet Dog Trainers
“It is very down-to-earth, very accessible, very easy to understand and it works.”
– Gale Ann Morris, NorCal Sheltie Rescue Director
Read what the Auburn Journal has to say in an interview with Teresa Gary: